Changelings are the children of faeries by a human parent. Each changeling's strength is different- rarely, some get a full measure of faerie magic, even more than their parents. These changelings have no limits and are often very destructive. Weaker changelings are more common. This group's gifts vary depending on bloodline. Whatever they can do, they cannot do it as well as a pureblood. They are more emotionally flexible than purebloods, however. Merlins are the weakest changelings of all. They appear human, but can use potions and minor incantations. The tiny amount of magic in their blood combined with human creativity and determination makes merlins very dangerous.
Changelings remain with their parents until they make the Changeling's Choice. Certain parts of faerie, like dawn or goblin fruit, affect changelings more strongly than purebloods because their defenses are weaker.
Most changelings hold a difficult position in faerie society. They are too human to truly belong, but their longevity makes it difficult for them to remain in the mortal world. Many end up holding minor positions at Court.
Description (Defined) Edit
Merlins- weaker than changelings. fae at the 1/16th (great-grandchild) level. single scent in their magic
✥ No one explains that “changeling” could be an insult, or that it would mean living trapped between worlds, watching half your family die while the other half lived forever, leaving you behind.
Characteristics and NatureEdit
- Flexibility and adaptation were changeling traits—Purebloods respond to change slowly
- Changelings don’t grow up in the human world. It simply isn’t done.
Changeling Childhood FriendsEdit
- Kerry — half Hob, half airhead;
- Julie — half Cait Sidhe, all trouble;
- Stacy Brown — weak-blooded Stacy, Toby's best friend and Mitch's eventual wife.
- Mitch Brown — Nixie/Hob, mixed with human made him large, though Hobs are short
- October Daye — half Daoine Sidhe, half human
Book Chapter References Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Rosemary and Rue, Ch. 2
- ↑ http://seanan-mcguire.livejournal.com/385694.html
- ↑ The Fixed Stars
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Rosemary and Rue, Ch. 5