|Gillian "Gilly" Natasha Marks|
|Type|| 1/4 Dochas Sidhe
(previously thought to be 1/4 Daoine Sidhe)
|Allied with|| San Francisco
|Mentioned in||Rosemary and Rue|
Gillian "Gilly" Marks
Biography / BackgroundEdit
Gillian Marks is Toby's daughter. She is named after Toby's mother. She and her father Cliff refuse to have anything to do with Toby after her unexplained 14 year disappearance, despite Toby's attempts to make amends. Toby is unable to tell her the truth (not allowed due to exposure of Fae to mortals laws). An even more heartbreaking part will come when she has to make the Changeling's Choice.
In One-Salt Sea, Rayseline pays Bucer to betray Gillian's location and subsequently abducts her, knowing that she is still Dochas Sidhe enough to be useful. Though it is unclear if Rayseline intended on rebalancing her blood using Gillian's magic, she was still a good psychological weapon to use against Toby.
During the crossfire, Gillian is elf-shot, and Toby is forced to do her first Changeling's Choice on her own daughter. Though Gillian realizes that Toby being Fae was the reason she wasn't able to come home, she had been isolated from Faerie for far too long and chooses humanity. Though Toby rebalances her blood and saves her life, Gillian is rendered completely mortal, but she is the only changeling in the history of Faerie who chose humanity and got to live.
- Gillian means "July"
- Devin made Toby promise that she wouldn’t marry Cliff until Gillian was age thirteen.
- a Doppleganger looking like Gillian entered Toby 's house and attacked her.
- When Toby was pregnant with Gillian, Devin extracted a promise in payment for the favors past: that she wouldn’t marry Cliff until Gillian was thirteen years old. Until Gilly made the Choice, Devin wanted Toby to be ready to walk away.
- She was only a quarter-blood, and if she hadn’t been forced to make the Changeling’s Choice by the time she was age thirteen, she probably wouldn’t have to. 
- As a child, fond of Sesame Street, coloring, chocolate ice cream
- Before Rayseline had been kidnapped, she had ironically asked Toby if she and Gillian would be best friends
|October Daye||mother||Changeling , Dochas Sidhe, (previously thought to be Daoine Sidhe), human||Gillian refuses to see her, feels abandoned|
|Amandine||grandmother||Firstborn, Dochas Sidhe|
Events in the Series (Spoilers) Edit
Use the book title at the opening of each paragraph as a "Spoiler Warning".
- ↑ http://seanan-mcguire.livejournal.com/462645.html?thread=21703989#t21703989
- ↑ http://seanan-mcguire.livejournal.com/462645.html
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 18
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 7
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 7
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, Ch. 1
See Also Edit
External References Edit
General Toby Daye Links:
- Seanan McGuire: The Toby Daye FAQ ~ Author's site
- Seanan McGuire: Fairy Tale Survival FAQ ~ Author's site
- Seanan McGuire's Discussion Board • Index page
- October Daye series - Urban Fantasy Wiki - Series information page
- Fang-tastic Fiction: Seanan McGuire: OCTOBER DAYE Series - summary of entire series including world-building.
- October Daye Series ~ Shelfari (character lists, setting, glossaries, quotes, etc.)
- Carpewiki - October Daye Series ~ Wiki
- October Daye - Television Tropes & Idioms
- Galavanting Girl Books: Breakdown of a Heroine - October Daye