Lily, previously known as Katai Suiyou, was the Lady of the Tea Gardens. She opened her knowe to to the weakest, only asking for loyalty. She offered protection, kindness, and a place to belong to those who never had that before. As an Undine, she was tied to her knowe and could not leave. She was a skilled healer and extremely beautiful.
Powers, Abilities, Skills Edit
- Undine magic rules:
- blood in Lily’s waters gave her permission to keep Toby alive
- Was brought to America by Amandine.
Physical Appearance Edit
- slim hands were covered with delicate silver scales, the fingers webbed, fingernails were a pale silver-blue.
- delicate, jade eyes, long black hair braided with willow branches, pale skin decorated by dainty silver-and-green scales. She was beautiful.
- Lily is killed by Oleander de Merelands, when she poisons her pearl.
- Lily was unique even by fae standards
- Body is made entirely of water, which doesn't understand illness, it can get polluted, not sick.
- Undine are unaffected by cold. With exception the some of the various breeds of snow fae, the Undine could walk naked in subzero temperatures and not be affected.
- Undine are only flesh because they want to be.
- Iron is like acid to an Undine.
- Undine are tied to their lands.
- An Undine is healthy as long as their pearl is—the pearl serves as a physical anchor.
Background: Toby & Lily Edit
Mother, Amandine, used to take Toby to the Tea Gardens when they were still playing human. Lily didn't trust a Faerie Bride because "they're building a life on lies," and so watched her closely. When Toby left the Summerlands, she chose to serve Devin instead of Lily, but Lily's doors were always open to her. Simon Torquill turned Toby into a fish and walled off Lily so that she was trapped and and her existence was forgotten by all. Once she was killed, the residents of her fiefdom were suddenly homeless. 
Character Connections Edit
|Marcia||handmaid||quarter blood changeling||told Toby that Lily was ill, needs faery ointment to see the fae|
|Walther Davies||staying at Tea Gardens||Tylwyth Teg||teaches chemistry at UC Berkeley|
|Toby Daye||Lily helped her, friend||changeling||Lily did what she could for Toby who was cursed into a Koi in the Tea Gardens pond by Simon Torquill|
|Julie||working for Lily|
Events in the Series (Spoilers) Edit
Rosemary and Rue Edit
- Main article: Rosemary and Rue
Lily was held prisoner in her lands by Simon Torquill, he placed walls around her fiefdom. Because of her being confined to her fiefdom, and Simon's spell she was closer to October, because they at least remembered to mourn for October.
Toby makes her way to lily's fiefdom badly wonder by a Redcap. barely conscious and collapsed on the Tea Garden's bridge, Toby bleeds into the water, giving Lily permision to keep her alive untill she can wake to give her permission to heal her. Lily made a "tea" for Toby mixing the blood from Tybalt's shirt so that she could ride the blood memories of the Redcap and his victim. 
Late Eclipses Edit
- Main article: Late Eclipses
Lily becomes mysteriously ill—and Toby's next case. Though Toby realises that her pearl was poisoned by Oleander, she was unable to find it in time and as a result, Lily succumbed to her poison and died. The subjects of her knowe are moved to Goldengreen.
- Really, October, there wouldn’t be any need for this sort of thing if you would just stop jumping in front of bullets.” ~ Lily.
- She told October "I was lonely, October, so lonely and my magic is for growth and healing not transformation. I couldn't save you, child. I could only keep you as comfortable as the water would allow. I'm sorry."