|Type||Kitsune / Blodynbryd|
|Allied with|| Shadowed Hills
|Rank, Titles, Other Names|| Duchess
|Family||Blind Michael (father)|
|Mentioned in||Rosemary and Rue|
Biography / BackgroundEdit
Luna is the wife of Duke Sylvester Torquill. She is abducted along with Rayseline Torquill by Simon Torquill, the Duke's twin brother, who hates his brother—he was being influenced by Oleander de Merelands. Sylvester sends his Knight Errant, Toby Daye to rescue them. Toby walks into a trap and is turned into a fish for fourteen years before she could rescue them. The two suffered greatly during their long abduction.
Ocupation / Titles / Position Edit
- Duchess of Shadowed HIlls
Abilities, Powers, Skills Edit
- Luna can turn into a fox.
- can commune with the flower spirits
- Anything Luna touches grows
- talent for roses
- has a dozen rose gardens and tends them all herself
- She's a queen among the roses, they al but bow to her
- Garden of Glass Roses: everywhere, roses—every flower, every petal and bud, is living, blossoming glass, stained with flawless color—no scent—in an enclosed, marble circular room, glass dome, glittering quartz pathways. 
- she didn't stand needlessly on ceremony, often wore gardening clothes
- Stays awake all day for her rose gardes, Sylvester stays awake for her. 
- "sweet, egalitarian woman"
Physical Appearance Edit
- literally foxlike, with silver-furred ears and three tails.
- Short, slender, compact; Luna was a small woman, arms strengthened by hours of gardening.
- waist-length braided brown hair
Home / HabitatEdit
- Shadowed Hills
- Legend to the flower spirits, all the roses know her—like the Rose Goblin.
- It's unknown what happened to Luna and Raysel during the twelve years that they were missing—Luna came back sadder, stranger—Raysel came back wrong. 
|Sylvester Torquill||husband||Duke of Shadowed Hills||practically a father to Toby|
|Rayseline Torquill||daughter||Sylvester's daughter||made mad by her captivity|
|Toby Daye||Knight Errant||PI, changeling||gets waylaid trying to rescue her|
|Simon Torquill||Luna's kidnapper||Sylvester's twin bro||lover: Oleander de Merelands|
|Oleander de Merelands||Luna's kidnapper & later poisoner||Simon's lover||Lily's poisoner|
|Spike||all rose apiits know her||Rose Goblin||responed by calming when Toby mentioned her name|
|October Daye||knight for her court||knight errant||Toby’s relationship with Luna continues to fracture #6|
Events in the Series (Spoilers) Edit
Use the book title at the opening of each paragraph as a "Spoiler Warning".
- I stopped, raising my hands. "I won't hurt you. I'm a friend of Luna's. You know Luna, don't you? Of course you know Luna, all the roses know her . . ."
- The Rose Goblin stopped whining, watching me with wide gleaming eyes. Good. Some flower spirits were more closely tied to their origins than others, and rose goblins tend to cling to the plants that birth them. I meant what I said: I've never met a rose that didn't know luna Torquill. Being a legend to the flowers must be interesting. It certainly keeps her busy during pruning season. I took another step forward. "Are you Oday?" — Toby Daye 
Book Chapter References Edit
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 12
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 13
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 8
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 11
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 22
- ↑ Rosemary and Rue, ch. 8