|Mentioned in||Rosemary and Rue|
Pixies are a type of land fae, some of the Small Folk.
"They’re pretty but savage, and they’ll attack if you provoke them. They’re like mice with wings and thumbs, except for the part where mice don’t usually come armed with knives carved from broken beer bottles and homemade spears that may have been dipped in equally homemade poisons. They had an entire community thriving inside the Safeway downtown grocery store, and nobody knew about it."
Faerie’s smaller citizens have their own culture and their own customs. Most of us are almost human one way or another: almost human-sized and almost human-minded. The smaller folks never acquired that “almost” and they scorn and resent the rest of us for having it. They don’t wear suits, get mortgages, or attend PTA meetings. They haunt the garden pathways, living in the space between what the eye sees and what it chooses to ignore, and they never pretend to be anything that they aren’t. I guess that makes it harder to forget what they really are, and what they are is inhuman . . . and greedy. — 
Characteristics / NatureEdit
- They’d adapted well to the City
- Pixie sweat: Leaves a trail of glitter
- Faerie’s smaller citizens have their own culture and their own customs
- they never pretend to be anything that they aren’t
- rarely interbreed with humans, blood runs thin when they do
Habitat / Home / Knowe Edit
- The average pixie is about four inches tall and weighs three ounces soaking wet.
|Dare Lorimer||Tylwyth Teg Changeling||resident of Home; Twin: Manuel; charged with following Toby around|
|Manuel Lorimer||Tylwyth Teg changeling||resident of Home; Twin sister: Dare|
Events in the Series (Spoilers) Edit
Use the book title at the opening of each paragraph as a "Spoiler Warning".
Book References Edit
See Also Edit
- List of Fae Types
- List of Firstborn
- List of Faerie Kingdoms, Duchys, Realms
- Big Three
- Fae Holidays
- List of October Daye books